Hey peeps and welcome to week 9 (already!).
CAREERS FAIR IS ON TOMORROW 12pm – 3pm! Come to Winthrop Hall for your chance to see over 20 legal exhibitors and brush up on your clerkship knowledge, your grad opportunities or just score some sweet stationery.
ASHURST DINNER DEBATE ticket sales finish this Wednesday. Make sure if you haven’t already bought your tickets that you get in and buy them now! You can buy them at our ticket selling desk between 12-2 or online. After you’ve done that, make sure you email your table forms in to your Education VP, Rubin.
Registrations for ALSA CONFERENCE PERTH 2013 are still open for general delegates until the 8 May. Having attended conference last year, I strongly recommend that everyone consider going. The wealth of social events and education forums means you definitely get bang for your buck. You should check out the brand new ALSA Conference video!
Remember, if you have any feedback about what you would like to see Blackstone doing, fill out an anonymous feedback form. We’ve had some really useful feedback in the last two weeks which we are working hard to implement (including keeping the common room cleaner (!) and updating the website more regularly). You might also notice that we purchased a new microwave, as the old one finally died on Wednesday. Hopefully those queues to warm up lunch are shortened significantly!
1. Signups for the 2013 Ashurst Student Paper Competition are now open! To register for the competition, head over to the online sign-up form.
2. If anyone is interested in being a witness or associate for the Clayton Utz Trial Advocacy Grand Final, please contact our co-ordinator Zoe Lim. The Grand Final is coming up on Tuesday 14th May and will be held at the Supreme Court, so if you’ve ever wanted to exercise some serious acting chops, there won’t be a better time or place to do so!
3. We are also seeking for expressions of interest to act as a client for the Grand Final of the Corrs Chambers Westgarth Client Interview Competition. The Grand Final will be held at the Corrs offices on Wednesday 15th May and again, this will be an excellent opportunity to show off some dramatic flair! Please contact our co-ordinator for the competition, Jasper Johnson, if you’re interested.
4. Lastly, Blackstone needs co-ordinators and organisers for the following Semester 2 competitions:
- Australian Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Mooting Competition
- Negotiation Competition
Please email our Competitions VP Cindy Chia with any expressions of interest.
This week in interfaculty sports we rowing and Blackstone is looking for four participants (guys or girls) to help strengthen Blackstone’s position in the interfaculty calendar. If you are interested in having a row on Wednesday 1 May get in touch with Chris to Nat at email@example.com by Monday afternoon. If you haven’t already joined the Blackstone Sports page – get around it as it has all the details of upcoming events.
This Friday 3 May is inter-law mixed netball competition against Notre Dame, Murdoch, ECU and the newly opened Curtin Law School. This all kicks off at 5:30pm at Lords in Subiaco with a likely afterparty at Village Bar. Come down and support Blackstone at the first inter-university sporting event of the year. Again, check the Blackstone Sports group for more details.
A reminder that the Blackstone Society Running Club is up and running (pardon the pun). Check out the Facebook page or details on running times and entry info for the upcoming City to Surf