iLaw Barristers & Solicitors is a progressive generalist law firm which is dynamic, and fast-growing. The firm is offering up to four (4) voluntary work experience placements at its North Perth office. This is an excellent opportunity for students and ambitious future solicitors to develop their legal skills, work on important matters, and gain an insight into a career in law.
Suitable applicants for these opportunities must:
- be reliable and have a positive attitude;
- have outstanding legal research skills;
- have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- have a high attention to detail
- be prepared to work diligently in a professional team environment;
- be available to work at least two (2) days per week; and
- have completed at least one (1) year of study in law.
Applicants who are university law students in their penultimate/final year of study, or who are studying (or enrolled to study) at the College of Law and wish to satisfy the Practical Legal Training (PLT) Program work experience component, are encouraged to apply for these opportunities. Please note that in compliance with the College of Law Work Experience Rules, PLT Program placements may not be offered to all successful applicants; a limited number may be offered at the discretion of the firm.
Successful applicants will be delegated to work in the firm's commercial law, criminal law, and/or family law divisions, and are likely to be exposed to at least two areas of law during their internship. Aspects of the work will include legal research, letter writing, basic drafting, administrative support, and supervised court attendance where possible. On completion of the internship placement, a special certificate of completion will be provided in recognition of the efforts undertaken.
Applications for the above opportunities will be accepted via email only, and applicants must attach their:
- Academic Transcript (an official original or certified copy is essential);
- Covering Letter;
- CV; and
- Schedule or Timetable specifying availability, university classes, any other commitments, and
if applicable, College of Law program code & start date (eg; WP136P, 21 October 2013).
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the HR Committee. Applications will be considered upon receipt, but will not be considered if placements have been offered, or if the applications are received later than 11:00am, 11 March 2016.