MDC Legal is a boutique firm specialising in employment law who were recognised for Workplace Relations and Employment Team of the Year in the 2015. The firm is currently accepting applications for summer clerkships that will run from late November to December 2017.
WHO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
MDC is seeking an enthusiastic person with strong research and writing skills who has completed a law degree or who is in their penultimate or final year of studies. Prior work experience in, or study of employment law is highly desirable.
WHAT THE ROLE INCLUDES
Supporting the firm's lawyers, including:
- Conducting legal research;
- Taking new enquiries from potential clients; prepare correspondence;
- Assisting with client file management
- Assisting in preparation for, attending and taking notes at client meetings
- Drafting written summaries of advice to clients
- Drafting claims/applications, submissions and pleadings
- Contributing to continuous professional development activities, including drafting articles/presentations for publication; and
- Assisting with general office administration duties.
Forward your cover letter, CV, current academic transcript and referees to email@example.com
To find out more about MDC legal, visit: https://goo.gl/vakM1H