The Family Court of Western Australia invites applications for two research officer positions (full-time) from persons with, or progression towards a tertiary qualification in law. Both positions are available till 1 October 2018. This is an exciting opportunity to acquire a detailed understanding of family law and court procedures, working under the supervision of senior members of the judiciary.
- undertake research and prepare written work to assist a magistrate of the Court;
- carry out administrative functions in preparation for and conduct of Court Sittings; and
- attend Court and acts as Judicial Support Officer for Court hearings.
To be eligible, students must have:
- highly developed research and analytical skills
- proficiency in written and oral communication skills, especially the ability to write in a simple, concise and grammatically correct style;
- attention to detail, in order to proof read judgments; and
- an ability to converse confidently with persons occupying high office in professional and social settings.
To apply, please email your cover letter, CV and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.