CONSUMER CREDIT LEGAL SERVICES VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
CCLSWA is a not-for-profit community legal centre specialising in credit and banking law and work primarily within the parameters of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act and the Australian Consumer Law. They deliver free legal advice to Western Australians through their telephone advice line.
As a volunteer paralegal, you will have ample opportunity to do the following:
- Assume direct client contact on the telephone advice line or face-to-face
- Draft appropriate legal advice for solicitors’ approval
- Assist in case file management
- Undertake legal and policy research
- Prepare and deliver community legal education sessions.
They are looking for penultimate or final year law students with strong academic records in their LLB or JD studies. They value relevant experience in legal and/or customer service industries.
You must be able and willing to commit to at least one day a week for a minimum 6 month period. You must also be prepared to make time for regular skills training.
To apply visit: http://cclswa.org.au/aboutus/volunteers/