The Employment Law Centre of WA (Inc) (ELC) is a not for profit community legal centre which provides employment law advice to vulnerable Western Australian workers.
They are currently recruiting law students with a commitment to social justice and community service for a minimum period of 6 months.
Tasks will include:
- assisting with client intake and interview over ELC Telephone Advice Line;
- arranging appropriate assistance for eligible clients by way of the Advice Line, Evening Legal Service's or In House Solicitor Appointments;
- referring clients to specialist legal, government and community services, as appropriate;
- undertaking research and drafting materials in relation to a wide range of employment law issues;
- assisting solicitors with client appointments; and
- assisting ELC solicitors, staff and volunteers as required.
For more information and the specific shifts that are available, please see the attached flyer or visit: www.elcwa.org.au
To apply, please send your cover letter (addressing the below selection criteria and indicating your shift availability), your resume and academic transcript to Volunteer Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application close 5pm Friday, 8 September.