It is important for law students to avoid academic misconduct as we are required to disclose any misconduct to the admitting authority, and it may affect our capacity to practice law. 

Course Advice | Electives | Special Units | Overloading



Where can I ask the Faculty questions about my enrolment?

  • Any questions you have for the Faculty should be submitted via AskUWA here.
  • Alternatively, you can schedule a meeting with the Deputy Dean (Students) Meredith Blake.



What electives are available?

  • The electives available for LLB students are set out here
  • The electives available for JD students are set out here.
  • The class times for all units, including intensives, can be found by searching by unit code here.



How do you enrol in a Masters elective as a JD student?

  • To enrol in a Masters unit as a JD student, you will need to:
    • Fill out a Masters Unit Application form, available here.
    • Alternatively, you can go in to the Law Office with your completed form.



When do I need approval to study more than 4 units in a semester?

  • To study more than 4 units during a semester, you will need to seek approval.
    • To do this, complete a special approval form available here, and bring it in to the Law Office.
    • You may be required to discuss your enrolment with the Dean of Law, Natalie Skead.
  • Approval will be based on your previous marks, which will likely need to be relatively high.
  • Special approval is not required if you study 4 units in a semester, and also enrol in an intensive unit.